Poynton High School, Stockport
Sunshine Gym supplied Poynton High School and Performing Arts College with a new, sophisticated outdoor fitness area for KS3 & KS4 pupils.
The units in this project came from Sunshine Gym’s full-size range of outdoor gym equipment. As such, this outdoor gym is suitable for use by KS3 & KS4 students above 140cm / 4’7″ in height.
This project included the supply of nine pieces of outdoor gym equipment for up to fourteen users to enjoy simultaneously; this was in addition to an outdoor table tennis unit for a bit of fun, friendly competition!
What equipment can be found in Poynton High School’s outdoor gym?
Some of this equipment is intended for solo use, such as the Sky Stepper and the Rower. Others are multi-user units for sociable exercises in which students’ movements still remain independent of one another.
- The Double Health Walker – the equivalent of an outdoor treadmill for low impact cardio.
- The Combi Pull Down & Power Push – a two-sided unit combing a lateral pull down with a chest press.
- The Bicycle – an outdoor exercise bike which suits warm-ups and cool-downs.
- The Wheelchair Accessible Arm & Pedal Bike – a static hand cycle for use with or without its foot pedals.
- The Double Slalom Skier – an outdoor skiing machine for cardio and lower body workouts.
- Tai Chi Discs – a double set of tai chi spinners to be used for gentle stretches and improving coordination.
- The Rower – an outdoor rowing machine for a core and upper-body workout.
- The Double Squat Push – an outdoor leg press without the need for loose weights.
- The Sky Stepper – a familiar unit bringing all the benefits you’d expect from an outdoor cross trainer.
This breadth of choice, alongside wheelchair accessible exercise options, allows for a cohesive, inclusive area in which students can exercise at the pace they find comfortable.
Just as we recommend, Poynton High School’s outdoor gym equipment is accompanied by clear signage and is separate from other outdoor areas which may be used by younger users.
Furthermore, the outdoor table tennis table has a suitable amount of space around it so as not to clash with the moving elements of neighbouring equipment.
Poynton High School OUTDOOR GYM TRAINING DAY
As part of their aftercare service, Sunshine Gym are proud to offer free training on outdoor gym equipment for their clients.
Staff at Poynton High School chose to spend their time with Sunshine Gym team member, Gareth, by ensuring they would be comfortable supervising students in their new outdoor gym.
Inspired by Poynton High School’s fitness project? Set the ball rolling at your site by booking a free consultation visit.
Simply fill in a contact form or call 01952 580520 to speak to a member of the Sunshine Gym team.